Thursday, July 8, 2010

Third Grade - Recipe to remember

I am taking part in a 15 week series from Mommy's Piggy Tales  This series is a way for us to record the story of out youth. I will be writing a "chapter" every Thursday.

I had 2 teachers in grade 3 - one was a woman, the other a man. I liked them both, but truthfully was a bit afraid of the man teacher.

My best memory from grade 3 was making a class cookbook!

I remember sitting at the kitchen table thinking about my favorite recipe to contribute! It did not take me long to decide on Jumbo Raisin Cookies, but I kept erasing the picture trying to make it just perfect.

I still have this recipe book, and as I was going through it and seeing the names of classmates, I felt sad. One boy from my class had his brother commit suicide a few years ago, and this girl Janice with the Jam Jams recipe was killed in a car crash a few years ago.

Well, that's all for this week!







 







6 comments:

KellyW said...

That's great you still have that book! I remember making recipe books in school too. I even made one with my students one year.

Judy Whatilivefor said...

I love that idea! They always do one in church and I like it because they are tried and true recipes that are already well loved. That recipe book must have some fun recipes for kids!

I made a recipe book before I left for college, but I think it's so cute to be able to go back and look at your own writing at that age.

Jenny said...

Don't you love the thought of your little self erasing it and trying to make it look perfect? :)

The Sunshine Crew said...

Neat about making a class cookbook. Dear Hubby made one with his 3rd grade class as well. They all had to contribute their favorite recipes made by their moms and Dear Hubby had his mom submit her recipe for mashed potatoes!
Happy weekend:)

LizzieV. said...

I like the idea of a cookbook by kids; what a "sweet" memory.

Aspiring Mom2three said...

I loved doing a student cookbook with my students when I taught. It was always fun to see how they remember a recipe and the steps they would write down. You had such neat handwriting! Nice that you still have the cookbook.

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to leave one!