Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dad's Bible - The Father's Plan

Since My dear husband wanted a new bible for his birthday/Father's day I asked him if he would like to review one. He was all for the idea, so here is his review!

Dad’s Bible, The Father’s Plan.  I was asked by my wife to review this book and I’m glad that I did. 
What Robert Wolgemuth did with this Bible was absolutely amazing.  He started out with a regular New Century Version Bible and inserted thoughts and insights within the passages and personalizes it for men and dads. For example he gives a description of each books of the Bible in a way that means something to dads.  Take the book of James for example where he talks about James as “the kind of guy you’d like to meet for breakfast at least once a week”. 
This book is also littered with insights that make select passages personal as it explains what is happening in the Bible and how it can be translated into our (dad’s and men) everyday life. 
Another aspect that I like is the Question and Answer section at the end of the Bible.  The type of questions that are being asked are ones that children or new believes may ask.  For example a questions posed in the book asks “is it wrong to be rich”.  The answer is provided in very plain language with scripture references. 
I have not touched on some of the other offers this Bible has, however I still love this translation and what Robert has given me.  I think that this will become my new Bible for everyday reading.  With fathers day fast approaching I would recommend this Bible as a great gift with a 4 ½ out of 5 rating.  




I was given a free copy of this bible from BookSneeze in order to review it, but no other compensation was given.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! Thanks for taking the time to leave one!